Volunteers and Docents
At times the Portage County Historical Society needs Volunteer help during its functions. Our main functions include:
- Civil War Encampment held during the the last weekend of August at Pfiffner Park, Stevens Point.
- Heritage Days. A new program replacing the Plover Portage Rendezvous.
- Annual Meeting held in April at various locations.
- Halloween Weekend at Heritage Park, Plover.
- We have tables at Cultural Fest held at SPASH.
- We have tables at the Arctic Run Train Show held in January.
The duties of our Volunteers and Docents range from working at an entrance booth, giving tours of buildings (Docents) to donating baked goods. Our museums are open during the summer months, weekends only, usually from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Help is needed to cover Heritage Park, Beth Israel Synagogue and the Historic Fire House No. 2. In addition, at various times of the year help is needed for special occasions.
Julie Richards is our Volunteer coordinator. Anyone interested in assisting the Society please email her.
See our Calendar for the most up to date list of activities.