Histories and many brief stories included with towns
- Almond -- brief history.
- Amherst -- History of this town through the Red and White School Association.
- Amherst Junction -- also known as Groversburg, a brief history.
- Arnott -- how it got its name, hopping place on dance nights.
- Custer -- originally known as Dawson, named after General Custer.
- Ellis -- also known as Poland Corners, Ellis and St Martin’s Church.
- Hancock -- Sylvester(?) Although not in Portage County here's a neat story.
- Jordan -- now just a park. Once had 5 mills.
- Junction City Area -- includes Eau Pleine, Meehan, Mohawk, Runkel Mills, Webster Station, Commercial House in Junction City.
- Nelsonville -- two histories written in 1930's and 1992.
- Plover Portage -- historic name for area around what is now Plover Wisconsin.
- Polonia -- a story of Father Josef Dabrowski's founding of this town.
- Rosholt -- story of this village.
- Small Communities -- includes information on Alban, Badger, Benson Corners, Blaine, Boyington, Buena Vista, Coddington, Crockers Landing, Francher, Garfield, Grant, Heffron, Hetzel, Hull, Jordan, Keene, Liberty Corners, Little Chicago, Lone Pine, Madely, North New Hope and South New Hope, North Star, Peru, Pine Island, Sherman, Smokey Spur, Springville Pond, Stockton, Surry, Towne, and Torun.
- Stevens Point
- Whiting or McDillville--several articles outlining history with photos of McDill Mill and Plover-Whiting band.
See our Permissions page for use and copyright information.