Google Maps To Our Museums

 

Hover over the museum on left and the map will go to the site. Information about the museum will appear on right. The map can be zoomed for a better view of its location.

  • Beth Israel Synagogue

    Stevens Point


    1475 Water St.
    Stevens Point Wi. 54481

       Temple Beth Israel was constructed in 1905 and served as a house of worship for Stevens Point’s vibrant Jewish Community until 1985. At one time the congregation had 40-50 families from Stevens Point and surrounding communities as far away as Wisconsin Rapids, Weyauwega, Minocqua, and Marshfield.
    Synagogue page.



  • Historic Fire House No.2

    Stevens Point


    1949 Strongs Ave
    Stevens Point Wi. 54481
       In a letter dated Dec. 20, 2005 addressed to PCHS President Tim Siebert, Mary Ann Laszewski included a copy of a letter she had sent to Stevens Point Mayor Gary Wescott asking if the Southside Fire Station could be saved rather then demolished or sold off. This began a flurry of letter writing and inquires that resulted in the Historical Society being sold the building in March 2006 for $1.00.

    Fire House No. 2



  • Heritage Park

    Plover

    The Heritage Park, located in Plover, bordered on the West by Madison St., on the East by Washington St., on the South by Willow Dr., and on the North by the Railroad tracks, is the result of Maurice Perret's and John Anderson's foresight in the late 1970's. They were responsible for the purchase of the Old Plover Methodist Church and two plots of land under the structure. In 1983 the board of the society purchased the other 6 lots in the park and moved the Franklin/Calkins House onto the site. Read more at: Heritage Park



  • Rising Star Mill

    Nelsonville

    The Nelsonville Mill is one of the oldest mills in this part of the state and the last of its kind in Portage County. On September 10, 1855, Jerome Nelson purchased land and water rights from Anna and Charles Stoltenberg on which to "construct and maintain a mill dam." Nelson, for whom Nelsonville is named, built the dam and sawmill in 1855. The Mill was built in 1868 upon his return from serving in the Civil War. The Mill was operated as a business until 1984. Of particular interest is the Woodward Governor turbine, which was ordered in 1917 for the Jackson Milling Company. Read more at: Rising Star Mill



More Info

Hover over location on the left. (JavaScript must be enabled)