BETH ISRAEL SYNAGOGUE
Location: 1475 Water Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Hours of Operation: By appointment
Temple Beth Israel was constructed in 1905 and served as a house of worship for Stevens Point's vibrant Jewish community until 1985. Come see Wisconsin's third oldest synagogue building, and oldest synagogue with its sanctuary intact.
Location: 2700 Madison Avenue, Plover, WI 54467
Hours of Operation: Open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend; Fridays from noon to 5 and Saturdays from 10 to 4
Heritage Park is comprised of 11 different historical structures from throughout Portage County that have been moved to this site over the years. Learn about what life was like in Portage County between 1870 and 1910.
FIRE HOUSE NO. 2
Location: 1949 Strongs Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Hours of Operation: Open by appointment and for special events
Fire House No. 2 is the oldest surviving municipal building in Stevens Point. The fire station was built in 1885 to serve the railroad and business districts in the southern parts of the city. The back of the building also served as a city jail. See the firefighting equipment of Stevens Point's past!
RISING STAR MILL
Location: County Rd Q, Nelsonville, WI 54407
Hours of Operation: Open only for special events and by appointment; Groups wishing to visit the Rising Star Mill can contact Jim Walker at 715-213-7578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rising Star Mill was constructed by Jerome Nelson, for whom Nelsonville is named, in 1868 upon his return from the Civil War. The Mill operated as a business until 1984. The Mill hosts an annual art show as well as several concerts and an open house each year. The Mill is also available to rent for meetings, weddings, and other activities.
KONKOL CORNER SHRINE
Location: Corner of Highways B & K
The Konkol Corners Shrine is an example of a roadside shrine. Roadside shrines are a uniquely Polish creation popular in Poland and found in many areas with a large Polish immigrant population. John Konkol built this shrine in 1912 on the corner of Highways B & K. Portage County has at least 9 such shrines.